Brainbox Consulting BV aligning great talent with clients’ needs is at the core of who we are. We are passionate about our Consultants, our Clients and our Partners. Our rich IT legacy combined with our unyielding care for our people and business is the driving force behind all we do, and we deliver!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Linux Operating Systems Engineer
- Create, customize, configure and test Linux Red Hat and WindRiver distributions.
- Create, improve and test upgrade and installation scripts.
- RedHat Virtualization, ansible, and kickstart, spec files, makefiles, bitbake files.
- Create custom RPM packages for automatic installations.
- Help to create high-level work packages including estimates.
- Analyze and solve defects.
- Support application troubleshooting on the OS domain level.
- Thinking with MVP mindset.
- Develop automatic test scripts in Python using the Robot framework.
- Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware.
- Participate in root cause analyses of issues found in the field or at integration test systems Support software engineers in analyzing root causes of operating system-related failures.
- Document and maintain test specifications and test reports.
- Work in a scrum team as part of an Agile environment.
- Extended knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Redhat certification is a plus.
- Nice to have is WindRiver Linux experience
- Experience in configuring, using, and debugging network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN, NTP, and NFS.Experience in developing scripts in Python.
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques (Robot Framework)
- Experience with OS hardening
- Experience with hardware architectures like x86, PPC, GPU
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira)
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT, Artifactory).
- Experience with build, deployment, and test tools such as Jenkins & Artifactory
- Software development experience.
- Computer Systems architecture or similar experience
- Experience in creating high-level designs and writing documentation.
|Position||Senior Linux Operating Systems Engineer|
|Education||Bachelor or Master's degree|