SAP Ariba APIs: Developer Portal
The Developer Portal provides access to solution-extending APIs that can make your organization more efficient and effective. From here, you can create applications to make web service calls. These calls can take place in various modules of SAP Ariba:
- Ariba Network
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supplier Management
Prerequisites of using the Developer Portal:
- Your organization must have a current license for one or more SAP Ariba solutions or an Ariba Network solution component to use the APIs. Example solutions include SAP Ariba Buying, SAP Ariba Discovery, SAP Ariba Invoice Management, SAP Ariba Payables, and others.
- Your organization must be in the United States of America or another supported country.
- If your organization works with the public sector, you may need to fulfill specific prerequisites prior to using certain APIs. Details are outlined in the documentation associated with each API.
- An SAP Ariba APIs administrator account is required. Your organization’s SAP Ariba administrator can request this account at the SAP Ariba developer portal: https://developer.ariba.com/api. Once your SAP Ariba APIs administrator access to the SAP Ariba developer portal has been established, additional developer accounts can be added to your organization.
- You must use a compatible browser. SAP Ariba APIs supports the following browsers:
- Firefox 47.0.1
- Chrome 63.0.3
- Safari 11.0.2
- IE 11.0.9600
How to register your organization to use the developer portal?
- At https://developer.ariba.com/api and choose your region from the Portals dropdown.
- Choose Request an account and fill out the form.
- You will receive email in response to the form. Follow the instructions in the email to receive login credentials for a user with the Organization Admin role.
- At https://developer.ariba.com/api, choose your region from the Portals menu, and log in using the credentials you received.
- Agree to the Terms of Service for your region.
SAP Ariba Developer Portal User Management:
Within the user tab you can manage the developers within the portal. To create a new user, click on the ‘+’ sign next to the search field.
Next you need to assign the required roles for the newly added developer. Organization Admin users can manage all accounts and applications associated with your organization; Developer users can manage only those applications that are assigned to them.
SAP Ariba Developer Portal Application Management:
In the applications tab, all the current APIs are listed. Organization admins can assign developers to certain APIs, and check on the status of specific APIs. In the “what’s next?” section, a timeline is shown of the process of that specific API.